aving a vision of what you want your place to look like and actually getting it done can be a challenge, especially with sooo many options out there to choose from. One of the biggest challenges when decorating a home is having everything match together but also having enough contrast to give some interest and not be boring or bland. But don’t worry, there are shortcuts and little juicy tips that can make that a whole lot easier!
Matching Elements In Your Home Without Making It Boring Tip #1: COLOR
- Pick 1-2 accent colors and include 3-4 objects in this color around the room. Some of these objects such as artwork, area rug, or pillows should feature you accent color and neutral colors in a pattern.
- To make picking colors a bit easier work with an a complementary color palette (i.e. use neutrals and different blues with orange as the accent color).
Matching Elements In Your Home Without Making It Boring Tip #2: SHAPES
- Mimic shapes around the room like having a circular clock on the wall with candles on the coffee table to match circular shapes.
- Watch for lines and furniture orientation. If most of your furniture is long and creates vertical lines contrast it with a horizontal piece of artwork or horizontal drapes.
Matching Elements In Your Home Without Making It Boring Tip #3: STYLE
- It’s mighty hard to match modern elements with classical and make it look good. Keeping everything within the same style is one way to make sure everything will look good but don’t forget to add some contrast with color and shape so it doesn’t become too matchy-matchy.